Thank you for your response!

dchicks wrote:

> If the sources got downloaded, they would be in your repository -
> usually alongside the binary jar file with a "source" label in the
> name.  You do still have to put that jar on your classpath in order to
> debug into it - or somehow tell NetBeans where the source is located.
> (I'm an Eclipse user, so I don't know that part.)

Hmmm. Sadly, when I do "mvn -DdownloadSources=true install", no source
jars get downloaded to the maven local repo. For commons-io and
commons-fileupload,
the sources are present at
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/1.4/
(and correspondingly for commons-fileupload), but it does not find its way
to local repo. Only class-jars get downloaded.

Surprisingly, if I did "idea:idea -DdownloadSources=true", in addition to
generating the IDEA project, it downloads those -sources.jar files! So, it
seems that maven-idea-plugin takes this -DdownloadSources=true into
account correctly, whereas standard install plugin ignores it.

dchicks wrote:

> Sometimes, there is no source jar available for a given dependency.  In
> that case, not sure what to tell you.  I suppose you can pull down the
> source from the commons project and get it into your classpath through
> some other mechanism.

Yeah, that's the tough part. How do you achieve this with Eclipse? In
NetBeans 6.5,
it was not evident.

-Kedar