2008/11/27 Kristof Vanbecelaere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hello,
>
> I found this interesting blog:
>
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/johnsmart/archive/2008/06/unit_tests_are.html
>
> Unfortunately, I failed to make it work. When running mvn integration-test
> all unit tests get to run before running the integration tests, which is
> not
> really the aim. The idea really is to be able to either run unit tests or
> integration tests but not both at the same time. Any ideas why this fails?

Actually, that is the aim.

You run all the unit tests to make sure that the code is good enough to try
and run the integration tests.

If your unit tests fail, your code is broken and you know it, so fix your
code.

If your unit tests pass, now lets see if it integrates correctly, hence run
the integration tests.

If the integration tests pass, we can publish the project (i.e. install or
deploy to maven repo)

This is what the lifecycle is all about... a well defined sequence of
phases, all the previous phases must complete successfully before the next
phase starts.

-Stephen