The recommended approach is to use an internal repository for your team.
You can do this with a repo manager like Nexus. See the thread this
weekend on "Third Party Jars" it covers this in more detail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Cuprak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 8:45 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Dependencies not available in a Maven repository (disabling
repository check)

Hello,
  I've got a bunch of dependencies from some open source projects
which are not available in a central Maven repository. Until those
projects some day publish them to a repository I do a 'mvn install '
to populate my local repository. I noticed that every time I do a
build Maven checks for those dependencies in a central repository. Is
it possible to disable this behavior? Every once in a while I also get
an error message that it couldn't find the dependency in a repository.
  BTW: Is this the recommended approach or is it possible to specify
the location of the dependencies locally in a project specific lib
directory?

Thanks,
-Ryan