Try,

mvn help:effective-pom

You will see that your war plugin is set  to a fixed version. This has
been a fix in 2.0.8 or 2.0.9. The default plugins have a fixed
version, to make reproducible builds more likely. If you want to
override the version you have to specify it in your pom, or any parent
poms you may have (like a company pom or such).

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.