Hi Todd, I swear I answered this.... yep:
http://www.nabble.com/Publish-Indexes---td20800360ef34838.html

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Thiessen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:53 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Nexus "Publish Indexes"

I asked this question on the nexus users list but didn't get a response.
Since Nexus and Maven are closely related, I hope you guys don't mind if
I ask it here.

I was going through the definitive guide and noticed that under
scheduling, there is a task called "Publish Indexes".  The description
in the guide is somewhat limited.

What does "Publish Indexes" mean?  How is this different from simply
rebuilding the index?

---
Todd Thiessen