"Help them install Maven and then get them to execute a maven build that uses the
scm plugin to get a tagged version."

This is part of what I was wondering about.  We also store the ultimate
artifact, the war in this case, in the scm system; cvs for older projects and
subversion for newer ones.

But this seems like a mismatch; the scm is supposed to be a source control
management system but we're using it for production control and deployments.

The maven repository seems like a more appropriate place but it seems like its primary
interface is the maven command.  I haven't tried a repository manager yet to see if it
might provide a "better" interface.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
We used 2 solutions.

1.) Help them install Maven and then get them to execute a maven build that uses the scm plugin to get a tagged version

2.) Build it for them and simply hand them the WAR :)

Cheers,
Martijn