Is there a way for one Maven/Eclipse project to force the build of another?

I asked this question once before, and the answer was to create a "reactor" project and make the dependent projects modules. This is not possible; we can't rearrange our directory structures. These two projects are peers and are not part of a larger structure.

All I need is a command, which can be issued from within a Maven POM or an Ant script, to trigger a "mvn install" in another project in the Eclipse environment.