From: Bracewell, Robert [mailto:rbrac...@qualcomm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:44 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Version ranges

Hi,

Do version ranges work across Maven plugins or are they limited to Maven
core functionality?
As an example I defined a dependency with a range of <version>
[4.4.2.01,)</version> and all was well. But when I tried to use the same
notation with the maven-dependency-plugin 2.0 it results in a fatal
error stating that version was null for the groupId:artifactId

Is there a way around this with ranges or do I have to resort to
ensuring that versions are explicitly stated?

Thanks,
Robert