I'm getting started with Doxia but have run into some issues.

1) "mvn site" converts my APT files to HTML, but I want them converted to PDF as well. I know PDF generation is possible with the "aptconvert" utility, but how can I do it with Maven, preferably as part of the site phase?

2) Many of the figures referenced by my APT file are authored in some proprietary format (e.g. UML illustrations), then they're converted into PNG and placed into src/site/resources/images so that they can be accessed by the generated HTML. But where do I store the original files? Should I just place them alongside the PNG files in the images directory, even though that will copy them into the site's target directory for no reason?

3) What if I have documentation that doesn't really belong in the project web site? For instance, we've got an Adobe Illustrator document for printing a high-quality PDF user guide. Is there a Maven convention on where it belongs? (Maven's standard directory layout only addresses developer-facing files and doesn't mention anything about end-user documentation.)

Thanks,

Trevor