Thanks Brian!

I know about this approach, but I'm not sure if the maven-release-plugin can
handle this case properly! So if I do a full release, will the versions of
_both_ references in the dependencyManagement section be updated correctly, or
only the one without classifier?

Regarding the property: the property-expansion takes place before the project
tree is built, isn't? If so, this should work (assuming a yes in above case)
since the maven-release-plugin would get the proper version string filled in
before.

txs,
strub