I have the same problem but I'm not able to make it work.

Assume I have to add to CLASSPATH about 10 jars all coming from other
products of my society.
for the moment all this products are not built using maven, so I have to use
them in a quite "ANT" fashion adding these jars to the classpath taking them
from a /lib directory.

I have created a directory

%M2_REPO%/myNewGroup/myNewArtifacId/

and I have copied all my jar in the lib.
It does not work.
How can getiing out of this?
Do I have to recreate all a well structured directory tree with each jar in
his own artifactid subdir and respecting all the naming convention?
There is an unelegant but straightforward solution?

thanks