when you think of local repository, think of it as a cache of various remote repositories only. you should probably install a repository manager and start uploading artifacts there that are necessary for your projects. In the way that the repository manager supports.. not sure what that is exactly, I've always got away with existing public repositories.

Milos

HHB wrote:
I want to copy/upload/transfer (not sure what is right) my local Maven
repository to our Continuous Integration server (Hudson).
Not sure what is the best practice for this? Do I have to use a tool like
Apache Archiva?
Sorry, I'm new to Maven
Thanks again.
Baptiste MATHUS-4 wrote:
Well, yes you could copy it to other development machine. But it's not the
best way to do it. You should install and configure a maven repository
manager (See http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html).

Some of those tools have even the ability to scan a local repository like
the one you have to transform it (i.e. add the right metadata) to make it
remote repository.

Cheers.