2009/1/26 Geoffrey Wiseman <geoffrey.wise...@gmail.com>:
> The WAR is your web services?  What do you use the JAR for?
> Based on the limited understanding I have of your project, I'd say that
> basically, you want:
>
> myproject (pom project, no real implementation other than the two modules)
> -  "myproject-jar" -- whatever this project is for; common? library? domain?
>  JAR packaging.
> -  "myproject-web-services" -- depends on myproject-jar as a JAR, WAR
> packaging.

Thank you Geoffrey for your answer. Yes, that's what I want. It now
compiles, thank you. The WAR contains the web services, and the JAR is
a common lib, that we need to distribute.

But, a new problem now pops up : can we build two versions of the JAR
? One light version to use with the Web services, and another, heavy
version to distribute and full-featured ? While it works as it's now,
the JAR included in the war, is much more heavy than before (where an
Ant task picked up a few files to generate the "lightweight" jar). The
few files are shared across the "lightweight" and the "heavy" jar...
What to do now ? Put them in a seperate sub project ?