Dave Newton wrote:

> Geoffrey Wiseman wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Does 4.5 not work?
>> I was just responding to Amin's comment about JUnit 4.4 [...]
>
> Ah, missed that--never mind :)
>
> Dave

Hi

Thanks for the replies!  I managed to get the surefire plugin to use junit
4.  However I am getting some strange behaviour, in that some of my tests
fail, while they all run fine in eclipse.  I am using text mining as a
dependency and exclude the version of poi that comes with it.   The
exception that I get is

testCanCreateLuceneDocumentForMSWordDocument(com.amin.app.lucene.index.handler.ms.MSWordHandlerTest)

Time elapsed: 0.038 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.getRoot()Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/DirectoryNode;
        at org.apache.poi.hwpf.HWPFDocument.<init>(HWPFDocument.java:158)
        at
org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor.<init>(WordExtractor.java:59)
        at
com.amin.app.lucene.index.handler.ms.MSWordHandler.extractText(MSWordHandler.java:16)

I know that this exception occurs if I am using an old version of poi (2.5),
even though I have excluded the version that comes with text mining.  I have
added

        <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
                        <artifactId>poi</artifactId>
                        <version>3.5-beta4</version>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>

This is very strange and I can't understand why the tests won't run.

Any help again would be appreciated.