Okay. You can't define two packaging types (I think, not 100% sure).

But,

you can "attach" other plugins to the "package" phase. I did this.
Something like this in your <plugins> section. Example:

                       <plugin>
                               <version>2.1-alpha-1</version>
                               <configuration>
                                       <!-- your war plugin conf here (see
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html ) -->
                               </configuration>
                       </plugin>

Forget about adding one more submodule :)

Regards,