Hello,

I want to use a parent POM as a way to easily give some organisation specific
information to the new projects in our company or the old one being mavenized.

I don't want to declare all the projects of my company as being a module of
this parent POM. It doesn't make much sense. So the parent POM has no <modules>
tag.

When using the release plugin, though, I realized it is considering the project
having a parent POM as a module (therefore adding the module name to the SCM
string).

So, I am wondering:
 - does having a parent POM make the current POM a module ?
 - If so, how can I implement this organisation POM stuff I need ?
 - If not, is there something wrong with the way I use the release plugin or is
there an option to avoid the SCM string problem ?

Thanks for any insight on this matter,

Sébastien Lesaint