Hello m2list -

I'm struggling to get the <scope>import</scope> bit to work and I can't
tell if it's something I'm doing wrong or how this actually works.

I've set up a "bom" file that lists a set of dependencies that multiple
projects use.

In a "consumer" project, I've set up a dependencyManagement stanza
listing this bom as a dependency/type = pom/scope = import.

Now, in this same "comsumer" project, maven doesn't see those
dependencies.  I've even tried listing the dependencies that exist in
the "bom" in the "consumer" project (minus version info) and it still
fails.

How is this supposed to go together?

The documentation of this feature is to the Nth degree and a bit
confusing.