As part of our release process we create a distribution package that is
automatically published with site deploy to make it available for users to
download it (we also use changes plugin to send release announcement
automatically). One small, but annoying manual step we still haven't been
able to automate is to add a link to the new release on our site index page
(we use APT format with Velocity filtering - i.e. index.apt.vm for example).
The links to the previous releases are preserved on the page, so basically
the page would have to modified then checked back in while doing
release:prepare. Is anybody doing anything like this, any suggestions how to
make it all automatic? Alternative ways - like always generating the links
to releases from the the available tags might work as well (perhaps doable
but doesn't look very straightforwarded to me).

Kalle