Yes, I was thinking on scmchangelog. With "excludeSubtasks" set and JIRA as
issue tracker, for commits with issue id provided scmchangelog could obtain
issue details, check if the issue is a subtask, and based on that decide
whether to include issue in or exclude issue from the report. Commits
without issue id can be excluded in this case, or even better another filter
configuration option (e.g. new "excludeNonIssues" attribute of filter
element) should be provided that would allow user to specify desired
behavior. After applying these filters, regular already present filter
option (if not empty) should be applied. These are all nice-to-haves.

Regards,
Stevo.