Mark,

2009/2/18 Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>:
> maybe I did not understand what you really like to do, but did you look at
> release:rollback? This will revert the pom back to the original status.
>
> One for sure: the scm providers won't help you much when it comes to
> manipulating the pom.xml. They are strictly for scm handling only.

Not what I had in mind. :-)

As an example, tag one of your projects with
"code_to_include_in_release". Do a checkout of the project based on
that tag and try to run release:perform. You will see what blocks me
in creating a release: the release-plugin can't commit the rewritten
pom.xml since it was checked out using a sticky tag. My idea of a
solution was to update pom.xml to the latest version on the branch (so
the sticky tag is removed) before running release:perform.

Ringo