Thanks,

I think the problem is not understand the life cycle of a maven build and how these things relate.

So, as I understand it, you create a master pom, no modules, but default information. Then mvn install it to put it into a repository. It should be a "pop" package, though.

Then in the child pom refer to the same release number as 0.0.1- SNAPSHOT in this case?