I understand what you are trying to do, but you will end up losing the version range functionality in maven with version numbers in that format

have a look at maven's rules fir comparing version numbers, then look at my bitchfest with Jason over me wanting five digit support and Jason saying m3 will be osgi format version numbers on this list some time in the past two weeks

if you can stick with maven conventions, your life will be much easier... drink the damn kool aid

Sent from my [rhymes with myPod] ;-)