It may depend on exactly what the failure is. We have seen some Out of Memory errors during uploads of large artifacts. We simply increased the size of the Java Heap. Out specific issue was taking place inside a Hudson build system. So, we added "-Xms256m -Xmx512m" to the CATALINA_OPTS variable before Tomcat starts.

Dave

Felix Knecht wrote:
Hi all

Executing release:perform fails.

I'm using the latest ASF TLP pom [1] and saw that the
scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
(apache-4.pom) to
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2
(apache-5.pom).

- Does any hints or documentation on how to migrate it exist?
- Do I need a special user for this?

Maven  version: 10
maven-release-plugin version: 2.0-beta-8
java version "1.6.0_12"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.2-b01, mixed mode)

Thanks and regards
Felix

[1] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/5/apache-5.pom