I had the same issue... and I didn't want to set the extra resources in the
build section of the pom, because i didn't want to include them in my jar.

I think this has to do with the version of the maven-resources-plugin that
you have installed.  If you run "maven -U" to update to the latest version
of all dependencies, it should solve the problem.  Or you can explicitly set
the version to 2.3:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.3</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>...</execution>
                </executions