your projects pom.xml will have a directory specifying the sourcedir
<properties>

<jsp.precompilation.java>${pom.basedir}/../src/main/java</jsp.precomilcation.java>
</properties>

then in maven.xml your javac task will use the predefined
jsp.precompilation.java property..
            <ant:javac srcdir="${jsp.precompilation.java}"
                classpathref="jsp.precompilation.classpath"
                destdir="${jsp.precompilation.webapp}/WEB-INF/classes"
                deprecation="on"/>

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.