Hello,

I've got some questions about maven-compiler-plugin regarding compiler. It
seems
it is not clarified well on documentation - please help me with those
questions as I think
they seem important.

I would like to be able to know what compiler  version is used how to change
it in case sources
need different version. I know from the (maven-compiler-plugin)
documentation that there is some builtin compiler in maven-compiler-plugin?

What is the version ?
Does it change every time new release of JDK ?
How to check what is the current default version of the compiler ?

There is often a need to compile sources with a specific version of Java
compiler then how can I specify a compiler version ?

For example in my case is that I need to use: jdk1.6.0 u12

How can I do it ?
Should I install this JDK on my machine or it exist somwhere packaged as an
artifact(s) ?

This is important as I would like to be sure that all developers will
compile sources with correct version
of Java compiler and there is always a consistent build.

Thank you in advance!
Tomasz Junak