Wayne Fay wrote:

>> It seems that I need to "install" librarya before libraryb will compile.
>
> This is correct. Unless you are running "mvn compile" from the top
> parent/aggregation pom.

I am running "mvn compile" from the top aggregation pom and I still get the
dependency failure. I'm using a super simple dummy project setup to test
this... Is this behavior documented anywhere?

Wayne Fay wrote:

> Yes, but make sure you are using x.y.z-SNAPSHOT until you ready to
> freeze a version number. In the Maven world (and its a good policy in
> general), there is only ONE true artifact for a given
> groupId/artifactId/version (GAV) combination.

That makes perfect. There should only be one true build of a released
version, but development snapshots are moving targets.

Is Maven treating the text "SNAPSHOT" as a special-case in the version
string? Is this behavior documented?

Thanks so much for the response!