Hi,

How can I use the release:perform goal in the maven-release-plugin to build
my module located in a CVS branch?

I have tried mvn release:perform -DtagBase=B_2_0_0 hoping / expect that it
would pass the tagBase command along to CVS to checkout the sources from
that tag.  Unfortunately, it doesn't:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.
[INFO] Building DAME Common Utilities
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:perform] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "cvs -z3 -f -d
:pserver:e...@cvs.local.ca:/dame5 -q checkout -d checkout eric-test"
[INFO] Working directory: E:\Eric\Desktop\temp\cvs\eric-test\target
[INFO] Executing goals 'deploy'...

Of course, since my pom.xml is only in my B_2_0_0 branch, when cvs does the
checkout, mvn is unable to find the pom.xml and fails accordingly.

I have configured my pom.xml as follows:
  <scm>
    <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:e...@cvs.local.ca:/dame5:eric-test</connection>
    <tag>newBranch2</tag>
  </scm>
   <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <connectionType>connection</connectionType>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

  <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>2.0-beta-8</version>
     <configuration>
        <connectionUrl>${project.scm.connection}</connectionUrl>
     </configuration>
   </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

Am I missing something?  Is this somthing that is not supported by the
maven-release-plugin?

Thanks,

Eric