Hello,

Our current build system is based on JDK 1.4.2 and Maven 2.0.9. We are
in the process of migrating from Continuum to Hudson. Hudson requires
Java 1.5 for its Maven2 integration. I already updated the
configuration of some of the plugins to make sure that 1.4 compatible
bytecode is generated. Before I can really make the switch, I would
like to be sure that my JAR files only contain Java 1.4 class files
(class file version 48.0).

Is anyone aware of a Maven plugin that I can run somewhere near the
end of my build which checks the class file version of all classes in
my built jar/war/ear files? I have the impression of someone
mentioning such support, but I can't find it anymore (Google, mailing
list archives)

Thanks,

Ringo