But if Alice churns out releases of Foo every week, it gets old pretty
quick. The other solution offered, branching is fine as long as that's what
you want (maintain separate versions), but if Bob really just wants to
always use the the latest Foo (even at the expense of possibly breaking
Bob's build), he can set it to auto-integrate using Versions plugin (
http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/). We have a few modules like
that (typically separate functional testing modules). We use a little script
that invokes the version plugin and checks in the pom.xml if versions were
updated. Hudson runs the update script nightly.

Kalle