On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 03:17, Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have several components all built from a top level pom.  This works great
> for accelerating users to be able to build a lot of stuff quickly but is
> giving me some fits when trying to deploy.  Up to this point I have been
> using deploy:deploy-file to get built components into our local repository
> after a full build is successful, but this is labor intensive.

My Guess: It sounds like you're describing a multi-module build where
the "top-level" pom naming the modules to be built is also parent to
the sub-modules. You want to deploy just the top-level pom, so others
can build against it. Correct? You don't want to deploy all the
sub-modules each time you do this because they may not be in a stable
state.

(1) Have you considered "mvn --non-recursive deploy"?
(2) You do realize that the pom that defines the modules does not have
to be the same as the common parent pom, yes?

<http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-multi-vs-inherit.html#fig-maven-book>

// ben