Hi,

I'm facing a problem while migrating a project to Maven.
This project is a web application, with some optional plugins.
I would like to modularize it by making the main web application an artifact with package=war, the optional plugins with package=war (since they provide some jsp) and declare in the main app dependencies on war modules as needed. In this case the overlay mechanism will help in putting all the jsp together.

If one module needs to be changed, the workflow should be:
1. make changes to the module
2. install the updated war into the repository
so that when I build the main webapp it will pull the updated module war.

To avoid this steps, is it possible to make a multi-module project with several wars as modules? If yes, how the various jsp are put together? Is there something like war overlays?

Thank you for your patience
Tommaso Moroni