>Yes, although if all your project dependencies are in the Maven central
>repository, there may be some value in waiting on Nexus (or one of the
other
>repo managers, although I like Nexus) 'til you're "ready".  If you've
>already got several dependencies in your local repo that can't be found
on
>central, then it's probably simpler to set up Nexus than it is to move
>dependencies around between developers, yes.

Don't forget about the improved build performance that will come with
the proxies you get with a repo manager. I wouldn't say that you don't
need one until you actually need to share artifacts (which would happen
as soon as you actually start building and releasing anyway). I would
say that as soon as you have more than one developer in a given
location, you should consider a repo manager if only to proxy builds and
protect yourself from transient network outages.