From: Adam Hardy [mailto:adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:10 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: strange error with hopefully easy solution?

Hi Martin,

you had me worried there for a moment, thought I'd emailed the wrong
list!

But anyway, I'll be surprised if you can reproduce it unless I send you
my whole
project.

Actually perhaps I should try recreating the eclipse project.

however here is the pom.xml - unless the mailing list strips off the
attachment.

There are no batchrun plug-ins, and in case the name of the class is
confusing,
the TestRunManager has nothing to do with the maven test run, except of
course
that it gets tested like all the other classes.

Just surefire, war and maven-openjpa (which affects the entity beans,
not the
Manager classes).

In case you wonder, I have no other classes in any of my dependent
projects
(atomic, testdatarepo, parent project) called TestRunManager - unless
it's hiding.

Thanks
Adam

Martin Gainty on 02/04/09 16:22, wrote:
> experiencing a bit of difficulty reproducing this error
> can you supply
>
> pom.xml?
> any plugins (junit-test-gen/batchrun) you may be using ?
> empty org.permacode.patternrepo.basic.TestRunManagerTest Java class?
>
>> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:26:32 +0100
>> From: adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com
>> To: users@maven.apache.org
>> Subject: strange error with hopefully easy solution?
>>
>> My search results showed nothing in google or anything relevant in
the archives,
>> but I have an intractable error in my test batchrun, which seems to
be a
>> compilation problem.
>>
>> The test is fine when executed in isolation.
>>
>> This is what happens when I run all my test with "mvn clean test":
>>

>> Tests in error:

initializationError0(org.permacode.patternrepo.basic.TestRunManagerTest$
1)

>> The actual test file 'TestRunManagerTest' is all OK, I think. The $1
suffix is
>> incriminating evidence. These are the files that appear in my
directory tree:

>> a...@gondor:~/projects/pattern-repo$ find . -name TestRunManager*
-exec ls -la {} \;
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 534 2009-02-24 10:00
>> ./src/main/java/org/permacode/patternrepo/domain/TestRunManager.java
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 8276 2009-03-03 14:36

./src/test/java/org/permacode/patternrepo/basic/TestRunManagerTest.java
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 808 2009-04-02 14:09

./target/classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/domain/TestRunManager.class
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 2305 2009-04-02 14:09

./target/test-classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/basic/TestRunManagerTest
$1.class
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 7665 2009-04-02 14:09

./target/test-classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/basic/TestRunManagerTest
.class
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 808 2009-04-02 14:08
>> ./build/classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/domain/TestRunManager.class
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 2289 2009-04-02 14:08

./build/classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/basic/TestRunManagerTest$1.cla
ss
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 adam adam 7699 2009-04-02 14:08

./build/classes/org/permacode/patternrepo/basic/TestRunManagerTest.class

>> So you can see that maven and eclipse both compile the normal test
class file,
>> but also create a TestRunManagerTest$1.class file. This one causes
the build to
>> file with this output:

initializationError0(org.permacode.patternrepo.basic.TestRunManagerTest$
1)  Time
>> elapsed: 0.061 sec  <<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.Exception: Test class should have public zero-argument
constructor
>>          at

org.junit.internal.runners.MethodValidator.validateNoArgConstructor(Meth
odValidator.java:54)

>> so the TestRunManagerTest$1 is obviously the result of jdk1.6.0_12
messing up
>> the compilation, right?
>>
>> Does anyone know what I can do about it? And perhaps what I did that
caused it?