I am trying to use maven to compile a java annotation processor.

When you build a jar which contains an annotation processor you can put
a file (META-INF/services/javax.annotation.processing.Processor) which
contains one line per annotation processor.  With this file in place you
then only have to include the jar in the javac classpath to get it to
process annotations, you do not have to mention it on the command line.

Unforunately if you build your pom.xml to include this file under the
resources tag, it gets included in the classpath, and then the compiler
complains that the annotation processor it is compiling (the one mentioned
in the file) does not exist, so it can not run it as an annotation processor
so the compilation fails.  So what I need is a means to add the file to the
jar without adding it to the compiler classpath.

Anyone got any suggestions.

David