1) The Maven convention and good practice is to put ressources files like
*.txt in src/main/resources.
2) The change you have is due to the new version 2.6 of the plugin which was
released few days ago. To avoid such a surprise in the future, the good
practice is to set the version of each plugin your are using the
pluginsManagement of your (parent) pom. You can set it to 2.5.1 for the
eclipse plugin to keep the old behavior.
cheers

arnaud