Ignore this post. I just answered my own problem. I needed also include a
<clientExcludes> element to override the default exclusions ::

<clientExcludes>
     <clientExclude>**/*CMP.class</clientExclude>
     <clientExclude>**/*Session.class</clientExclude>
     <clientExclude>**/package.html</clientExclude>
 </clientExcludes>

This override the default exclusion **/*Bean.class but keeps the others.

-Kyle

--
-Act as if it were impossible to fail