thanks.
It works when you chain the goals manually:

mvn buildnumber:create jetty:run-exploded does work.

Now, I can already hear the developers complaining.
Is there a way to tell jetty plugin to execute buildnumber:create?

I could add an <execution> section to link the create goal to any jetty
invocation, but then it would call the builnumber:create twice, wouldn't it?

I can't really understand why
mvn buildnumber:create jetty:run-exploded
is different from a regular
mvn jetty:run-exploded
since buildnumber:create is link to the very first lifecycle goal validate
anyway.

cheers

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I may be wrong, but i think finalName is constructed early in the
> cycle and therefor buildNumber var is not propagate properly, does
> maven 2.1.0 help?

No, the problem is that since Nodje is executing jetty plugin directly
rather than a lifecycle phase, the buildNumber obviously doesn't get
evaluated. Would it work if you execute both of them explicitly, i.e. mvn
buildnumber:create jetty:run-exploded?

Kalle