Maven always takes the artifacts out of the local repository. However,
this is not a problem, because the reactor knows in which order to
built the projects. Just before your internal project is built, maven
has installed the most recent version of security-public in the local
repository.

Maybe I don't understand your problem. If that is the case, please clarify.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.