On 17-Apr-09, at 12:53 PM, Christian Edward Gruber wrote:

Hi. I'm not sure where to find this, but whoever's maintaining javax.jdo has uploaded this: javax.jdo:jdo2-api:jar: 2.3-20090302111651

I did it because it's the version used in the google appengine. It was actually 2.3-SNAPSHOT that they used which was unacceptable.

There are two problems - firstly, it doesn't have CRC/hash files.

That will be fixed by the stuff that runs over the directories and they seem to be fine now.

Secondly, it looks like it was a snapshot that was released.

Whatever it is that's what's in the release of the appengine code so I turned it into a real version. It's not a snapshot. Maven won't find it because it's not going to get found with "^(.*)-([0-9]{8}.[0-9]{6})- ([0-9]+)$".

It does worry me a little, especially since it's an API/spec. How do we find out who's maintaining the maven metadata for this? (no contributor/developer tags that I could find.)

It's a real version, it came from datanucleus, it's not going to interfere with anything else. There's not developer/contributor tags from any of the versions coming from Apache or Datanucleus. The metadata is fucked up anyway because whoever is releasing it isn't doing a very good job and if there are N implementations who's API JAR goes in central.

I don't know what the rules are with JSRs and people implementing the specs. In geronimo they implement specs but they keep the specs in their namespace. I think all the specs should do that.

At any rate, this JAR is not going to interfere with anything else.

cheers,
Christian Edward Gruber
christianedwardgru...@gmail.com
http://www.geekinasuit.com/