Hi folks,

I've got a question for you about managing unit testing.

The situation that we are in is that right now, we have a single
module 'Products' that has a lot of classes in it. We know that
eventually we will refactor it into multiple modules (one for each
Product), but at this moment we have no clue when. However, we do know
that we have this goal in mind and that we would adhere to the
standard main/test structure in those separated modules

That said, there is a desire to get this stuff in place. The sooner I
have a plan there the sooner I feel like it might happen. Here is how
I am thinking I would do it:

For each product that we break out, create a module, and basically
don't have any source in it yet, just the tests, and add a test-time
dependency for the classes being tested (back to the mega module
basically).

This way all of the individual product moules would be in place, their
tests would be set up, developed and running, and it would allow for
developers to migrate over the product functionality source code when
they are ready.

Is this a good approach?

It makes sense, but I want to do idiomatic Maven, and I am just getting started.

I will give this a try tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Grant