>> Sounds right; system scoped stuff are supposed to be provided by the
>> JVM etc. so they shouldn't be any need for the manifest to point them
out.

>Also to expand a bit; if you intent to bundle those jars with your app
use the default (compile) scope and if
>you expect something like a servlet container to provide them instead
use the provided scope.

Ok, allow me to rephrase :)  I'm struggling with some proprietary (IBM,
Oracle, etc..) jars that I need to get added to my manifest class path.
I don't want to do that manually obviously. When I add the proprietary
jars to my pom and set their scope to default level, when I try to build
Maven complains that it can't find the proprietary jars in any of the
public repositories. I have added the jars to my local repository and
correctly set the directory structure to match my pom but to no avail.
So I googled and read that the way round that is to set the scope to
system. But then the jars don't get added to the manifest class path
anymore. So I guess my question is: how do I set it up so that Maven
only looks for proprietary jars on my local repository and doesn't try
to go outside and look for them?

Thanks, Jonck