> Hi, I have a common POM to all my projects.
Each project should have its own POM, with a parent pom hierarchy to
avoid duplication, declare dependencyManagement and plugin
versions/configuration.

> The problem is that project X cannot use my common POM.
Then let it have its own POM, like each project.

> I don't think there is an easy solution,
I don't understand your problem, maybe try to better describe the
problem with some code examples (not the whole code!)

>the closest I could find is to use dependencyManagement instead of the
>dependency itself. But that > would increase the amount of code.
No, that would decrease the amount of code. You don't have to specify
the version in each POM, but only in your company pom. It is not
logical that each project has exactly the same set of dependencies.

If you could try to explain what your current setup looks like, maybe
we could give you some pointers how to improve it.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.