(with appropriate substitutions of course) In our topmost pom for the
project we use:

  <scm>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svnhost/svnrepo/trunk</developerConnection>
  </scm>

and in the settings.xml (of those allowed to do releases) we put both
server entries:

  <servers>
    <server>
        <id>libs-releases</id>
        <username>thereleaseuser</username>
        <password>thereleasepassword</password>
    </server>
    <server>
        <id>libs-snapshots</id>
        <username>thedeveloperuser</username>
        <password>thedeveloperpassword</password>
    </server>
  </servers>

Regards,
Gord Cody