I fixed the part about the connectionURL. I included the scm connection
information at the top of my top level pom. So that should be ok now.
However when I try to commit a certain file which is located in a certain
SVN controlled directory, the scm maven checkin action does not give an
error. So it looks like the file was committed. But when I check that
directory and run a TortoiseSVN commit the file which should have been
committed appears not to be.

When I check the log in Hudson I see that the maven checkin is doing
something in a c:\users\...\Temp\... folder. This is really not my working
dir / base dir.

Does anyone know what to put in my pom in order to commit in file in my
working directory?
This is the execution in my Pom:

<!-- SUBVERSION COMMIT VERSION.TXT -->
    <profile>
      <id>commit_version_id</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>commit_version</name>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <configuration>
              <username>${SVN_USERNAME}</username>
              <password>${SVN_PASSWORD}</password>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>svn_commit</id>
                <phase>verify</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>checkin</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                  <message>Automatically generated build id</message>
                  <includes>version.txt</includes>
                  <basedir>${SVN_WORKINGDIRECTORY__PV50}</basedir>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>

And this is the logging of the checkin command. You see here some sort of a
strange file is trying to be committed in a temp folder. Strange.
[INFO] Tests are skipped.
[INFO] [scm:checkin {execution: svn_commit}]
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --username hdoude --password *****
--non-interactive commit --file
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\maven-scm-693504340.commit --targets
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\maven-scm-26190-targets"
[INFO] Working directory: c:\_composer\_composer5\PVMeta\pv50
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: rebuild_war_step_2}]