On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Jim Sellers <jim.sell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a note: "import" is a scope used in the dependency management section,
> so I found your original question confusing.

I had attached the a and b pom, but I did import the the pom in the
dependencies section and it worked mostly. So, why is this only to be
used in the dependency management section?

What I want to achieve is a coupling of dependencies, so the project
that depends on these coupling can depend on one dependency, instead
of the group of dependencies.

So, project A is the coupling project which has dependencies on X, Y and Z.
Project B needs X, Y and Z, but instead of depending on the three of
them, I want it as a package, thus A. I have inserted project A as a
dependency with scope import in B and for most of the dependencies
defined in A, project B now works, except for the provided dependency.

Is this use case supported?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~