I don't know about WAS 6.1 but in WAS 6.02 you can't use the deployment ant
task in a regular ant version you have to use the ws-ant utility supplied
with Websphere. You could try having a separate build.xml with the
deployment stuff in it and use the ant exec task to run ws-ant in its own
JVM.

Thanks.

--Lee

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com