Apologies if the solution to what I am trying to achieve is obvious.

If I have a directory of text resource files, is it possible to
process/filter them *multiple* times in a single build?

For example, if I have a file called general.xml in resources that
contains...

${species}.wibble.wobble

I need to process that three times to generate

cow/general.xml containing cow.wibble.wobble
pig/general.xml containing pig.wibble.wobble
chicken/general.xml containing chicken.wibble.wobble

i.e. I want to control value/property replacement within the file *and* be
able to control the target location and run it N times based on some
configuration provided externally.

(and I want the moon on a stick)

Is this possible? If not, do you think it is feasible to write a plugin to
do this?

Later,

Andy