Reports are only generated when you run a site or site-deploy build.

You could either do something like "mvn clean site" or "mvn clean install
checkstyle:checkstyle"

I think that the lifecycle doc would explain it better, but I'm having
troubles loading the page right now
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

HTH
Jim