that's exactly what i want to do.

i'm just writing my own plugin which does following:
-) fetch new artifact jar
-) fetch old artifact jar

use java.util.zip.Zipfile to get all entries and compare their crc's. if the
file changed or was not present in old artifact, add the file; if entry is
not present in new artifact, but in the old one mark it as deleted.

deleted files are a bit tricky because it should be possible to upgrade from
v1.0 to v1.3; so i have to know all files which have been deleted between
those versions.
because of that i can't only compare two versions of a artifact but all
versions between.

but it seems to work for me.